Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Big Data

There is a lot of buzz lately about big data.  Almost every vendor and most pundits seem to be talking about big data -- and telling us we need it.  While I am seeing a lot of hype and build-up, I'm not seeing a whole lot of useful advice or helpful tips about *how* to actually leverage big data.  Where I work, we've been leveraging big data for over a year now (we just never called it that).  I see this as an opportunity.  We've developed some effective techniques for slicing through big data and producing a reasonable volume of highly actionable alerting from over 4 billion network events a day.  It's time to take this show on the road and share the information.  I've put in some papers for some upcoming conferences -- wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment