Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sharing

Of late, I've realized that the network monitoring and analysis techniques that are well known within my particular niche professional area are not well known in the larger cyber security community. The trouble with this, of course, is that there are many skilled and talented cyber security practitioners who could make good use of this knowledge to defend their networks and improve their information security posture. In thinking of a way to begin to share some of my accumulated knowledge for the good of our networks, I wrote an article. The article discusses a methodology for network monitoring and gives some practical tips. I am working on getting it published with the hope that it can serve as the first step in sharing some network monitoring advice with a professional community increasingly thirsty for it.

My intent is to continue to share knowledge and techniques with the larger community. All indications are that the community is extremely interested in the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment